VCAT Services

As indicated previously, it is relatively easy for a neighbour to make an application to VCAT against council’s decision to grant a permit.  They have this democratic right and do not need to prove that their amenity is affected prior to VCAT, this is what will be determined at VCAT.  If this happens we recommend a consultant specialist planner to make a case on your behalf at VCAT.

As we are intimately aware of the design and have been liaising with council from the start, many planners like for us to attend to guide them and provide facts in relation to the history of the planning application and to be there to give advice should the tribunal member suggest potential changes to the design as we have the expertise to let the planner know whether these changes can be readily achieved.